Monday, May 13, 2013

Apostolic blessing fulfilled!

It has been a fabulous week!  

On Monday we had a miracle.  When Elder Cook came, he left us with a blessing that the righteous desires of our hearts would be fulfilled.  

Every Monday night, the spanish members in our ward get together and have a noche de hogar (family home evening).  Normally, we only have 2 to 3 families there, and different families every week.  This last Monday, there were 8 families!  It was amazing.  One of the Spanish Members taught about the temples (she was just reading straight out of Preach My Gospel), but all of the members were utterly engaged in the lesson.  Normally the children run around wild during Noche de Hogar, but all of the children were seated and listening quietly.  

During the night, I turned at looked at my companion, and asked her if this was one of the righteous desires of her heart, because it sure was one of mine.  It was really neat to see such results so quickly from the blessing left on us by Elder Cook.  

The most exciting thing this week is that Joslyn is going to be baptized on Saturday!  Joslyn is a 12 year old girl that we met on 19 abril, and she will be getting baptized on Saturday, 18 mayo, which is less than a month from when we met her!  She is so excited about being baptized, it is all that she can talk about.  She counts down the days to her baptism, and she just can't wait to learn more!  

Mother's day was great too, I got to call home and talk to Mom and Dad, and it was great to be able to talk to them, but honestly it feels like I just called them about a week ago.  Time sure flies on the mission!

Best Wishes,
Hermana Julie Anna Sanchez
 
My trainee, me, and my trainer

I found the intersection of Sanchez and Sanchez.  I thought it was pretty sweet!

Truck in Dublin City Park!

Hermana Hunter, me, Hermana Snow, Hermana Jarvis
Hermana Hunter and Hermana Jarvis were MTC companions
 

No comments:

Post a Comment