Thursday, July 26, 2012

Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Hola Everyone!
 
As always my time at the computer is super limited, but here I go...  Happy Pioneer Day Everyone!
 
On Tuesday Elder Vaughn J. Featherstone talked to us.  He said a whole bunch of awesome stuff.  If anyone can get a printed version of this talk and send it to me through dearelder, I would be super super grateful.  The thing that struck me the most was when he asked the question, "What things do you know more than anything else in the world?"  And for me, it is that I know that Jesus is my Creator and my Savior.
 
Wednesday night, we went to Narnia!  Elders and sisters leave things behind in small cubbyholes the resendences.  We looked through our cubbys and found a hwole bunch of candy as well as a bag full of cookie crumbs with a message that said: "Anger Bag... Throw against wall like a little girl in order to release anger."  We left a picture from Hermana Seaver that is of Lehi holding the Liahona looking like Gandolf.  We also left a pair of socks that we had singed.
 
We were talking about 3 Nephi 11 where it says to become like a little child.  In english I can multiply many words and say everything, except for what I am actually saying.  But in spanish I can only speak like a child.  I have the abilty in spanish to only say the simplist things.
 
When I was baptized as a child, I didn't know many things.  I only knew that baptism is what Jesus wanted me to do and that it was how to get to heaven.  And that was enough.  And that is all that my investigadores need to know.
 
On Thursday, we taught Mari.  We testified of the Holy Ghost and invited her to pray.  We asked her if seh had ever felt the Holy Ghost and she said taht she knew that God loves her.  She said that she didn't feel the need to pray out loud, but instead only out of a book.  We testified of prayer and read Revelation 3: 20 (?) the scripture that says that Christ stands at the door and knocks.  We told her that we knew that God wants her to talk to him.  We asked her how she felt and she said that she felt a desire to pray, but that she didn't know how.  So we had her read a box in the pamflet that talks about how to pray.  Then we told her thtat God wants to hear from her.  She said she didn't know the words, so we told her that we would pray first and then she could pray later.
 
So, then Hermana Ward siad the simplist prayer she could asking for the espiritu to help Mari.  Then Mari prayed, and it was the most beatufiul prayer that I have ever heard.  I didn't understand most of it, but I knew that it was amazing. 
After the prayer she said taht she felt traquididad en su corazon.  We told her that this is the spirit.  We asked her if she would liekt o feel the spirit alwasys.  She said yes.  It was super awesome.  I felt a bit like Ammon when I said that this is the spirit.
 
Sunday was super amazing.  I got assigned to be the coordinating sister for our zone.  I have really felt the mantle of this assignment drop on me.  A coordinating sister is someone who is responsible for all of the sisters in the zone.  I am a bit like a cross between a zone leader and the relief society president.  On Sunday there were 6 sisters in our zone.  Now there are only 4.  I had to wake up at 4:45 to sign them out of their rooms so that they could get to the airport on time.  Next week there will only be 2.  I was in meetings all day long learning how to do this job.  I am supposed to give tours to all of the new missionaries and help them get accustomed to the MTC.  I need to make sure I know all of my ssiter's needs and do what I can to help them.  Those whom I can't help I need to make sure that the Branch President knows about them.  We have biweekly meetings to learn about our callings and report about their progress.  We need to be aware of needs always.  We have to report any problems with the builidng.  We have to moniter quiet time, lights out, and make sure that all of the sisters in our zone are modest.
 
But most importantly we need to be the best example that we can be.  The mission presiden't counselor who was teaching us this stuff told us that he always told his missionaries that they could do anything they see the zone leaders or the coordinating sister do.  That means that I need to always make sure that I am living every single mission rule, loving everyone with a Christ-like love, having a good attitude about everything, and constantly have sincere conversations with the sisters.
 
It is a lot to do, and I don't feel ready, but I know that whom the Lord calls, the Lord qualifies. 
 
I love you all so very much.  Well, I am all out of time, so goodbye for now, and always remember to do what Christ wants you to do
 
Se Amo
Hermana Julie Anna Sanchez

No comments:

Post a Comment