Wednesday, September 16, 2009

I love SWE cuz SWE loves me! (That Newton's 3rd law, by the way, sort of)

I just found out yesterday that I got another scholarship. Yes, I know that this has been the story of my life for the last few months, but it is still exciting every time it happens. I applied, with the help of my mom, for so many scholarships that I have forgotten many of them by the time that they respond to my application, so each one is super exciting. This scholarship was from SWE, the Society for Women Engineers, and they are going to mail me a $1000 check, bringing the total of scholarship for me about up to 40K. I am super excited about this scholarship. They also paid for my dues for membership to SWE.

Today was the opening social for SWE and I went. It is probably an organization that I would have joined even without the scholarship, but I went today because I got the scholarship and it sounded cool. I ate chocolate fountain covered stuff, yum, yum, yum. I learned a lot about SWE and I am so excited to be a part of it. They also had door prizes and I won some green socks, a bamboo plant and a digital video camera!

I have never won so much stuff from one organization at one time! I really think that SWE loves me! A scholarship, some socks, a plant, and a camera all in two days! How lucky can a girl get?!

No comments:

Post a Comment